Life is like a camera
Focus on what is important
Capture the good times
Develop the negatives
and if things don't work out.....
Just take another shot.
author unknown
2011 has arrived! Today, I drove to Kansas to take Mother her Christmas gifts. Before dinner, we decided to make some fake margaritas. By fake I mean, we took Bartels & James bottled margaritas and placed them in our salt rimmed wine glasses. Not quite the real thing but tasty!
I took Chase and Charlie for a 2 hour walk around the lake. They had to break through the ice on the creek to get a drink. I fell once on the slick rocks near the water fall and again down a slick hill. My rear will probably have some nice bruises. The dogs didn't seem to be concerned either time I went down!
Chase, Charlie and I came walking around the falls for a view from above. The icicles were nice to see and I was surprised when a great blue heron flew out from the pool at the bottom.
After I was back from my walk, I took Mother back around the lake to see the ducks, geese, bald eagles, and the ice. She took this photo looking west from the dam.

No comments: