Life is like a camera
Focus on what is important
Capture the good times
Develop the negatives
and if things don't work out.....
Just take another shot.
author unknown

It was unseasonably warm today so I decided to drive to Lake Red Rock in search of pelicans. I was rewarded!


As I was looking over the photos I took today, I was trying to figure out what the nearly perfectly round thing was on this pelican's leg. Then, I noticed what looked like a string hanging from its head. I zoomed in and figured out that the bird has a fish hook stuck in the back of its head and probably a small sinker and line wrapped around its leg! :(


This is the last photo I took before leaving. I discovered after uploading the photos that the pelican in the middle has a fishing bobber in its beak! I only hope that the bobber was "thrown back".

No comments: