Life is like a camera
Focus on what is important
Capture the good times
Develop the negatives
and if things don't work out.....
Just take another shot.
author unknown
Day #5 Marshalltown to Cedar Rapids - 85 miles. That huge storm did arrive last night! Via texting, I was getting radar reports from Rich in Des Moines. The wind was very high and I had to hold the sides of the tent up at times but ended up staying dry. Maggie's tent fly was ripped off and she got a bit wet. I invited her to sleep with me but she said she was fine. Today, I rode as fast as I could to get to camp so I could lay out all of our stuff to dry. We went through Garwin, Clutier, Garrison, Vinton, Shellsburg, Community Center, and Covington. Maggie got lost in Cedar Rapids despite my text to NOT turn left when entering town. She ended up riding about 10 more miles. One of my favorite bands played tonight and we were right up front! The Counting Crows and friends put on a great show!

No comments: